Robot-assisted surgery in Panama City, Florida
Surgeons at Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center use robotic surgery as an alternative to traditional surgery whenever possible. This minimally invasive technology is associated with many benefits, including shorter recovery times. It allows our surgeons to operate with the highest possible level of accuracy.
For more information about robotic surgery, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (850) 747-3600.
Surgeons at our hospital are highly trained to use advanced robotic systems. The technology allows your doctor to operate through multiple small incisions, using a microscopic camera to guide them.
Surgeons also use robot-assisted technology to develop a personalized treatment plan based on detailed 3D images of a patient's unique anatomy.
Types of robotic procedures we offer
Our robotic procedures are performed by some of Bay County’s leading surgical specialists. These teams have received extensive training using advanced technology available for a variety of specialties, including:
- General surgery (such as gallbladder surgery, colon surgery and hernia repair)
- Gynecologic surgery (such as urinary incontinence surgery, hysterectomy and prolapse surgery)
- Orthopedic surgery (such as knee and hip replacements)
- Spine surgery (such as surgery to treat compression fractures)
- Urologic surgery (such as the surgical removal of the kidney and removal of the prostate)
Benefits of robotic surgery
Robotic surgery is associated with several benefits compared to traditional procedures, including:
- Faster recovery times
- Greater accuracy
- Higher quality outcomes
- Improved safety
- Less blood loss
- Less exposure to radiation
- Less postoperative pain
- Lower risk of infection