Orthopedic specialists in Bay County
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center's orthopedic doctors provide comprehensive orthopedic care in Panama City, Florida. We offer a wide range of treatment options, including minimally invasive surgery, to help patients return to their pain-free, active lifestyles.
For more information on our orthopedic services, call our orthopedic patient coordinator at (850) 767-2466.
We offer outpatient and inpatient procedures for orthopedic conditions, such as musculoskeletal trauma, sports injuries, degenerative diseases and infections.
Our orthopedic surgeons work with specially trained nurses and physical therapists to provide a multidisciplinary team approach to treatment and recovery.
Hip and knee replacement surgery
We provide advanced hip and knee replacement procedures to alleviate joint pain and restore mobility. Using robot-assisted technology, our orthopedic surgeons can more accurately position hip and knee implants.
The technology allows us to create a 3D model of the patient's joint. Guided by the 3D model, the surgeon uses a robotic arm to remove diseased bone, preserving healthy bone and soft tissue, before placing the implant.
Robotic surgery requires only a few small incisions, which typically leads to a faster recovery. As a result, many of our patients experience faster recoveries and improved comfort, function and quality of life after joint replacement surgeries.
Through our spine care program, we diagnose and treat a variety of conditions affecting the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. If surgery is necessary, our orthopedic specialists may also use robot-assisted technology for minimally invasive spine surgery.
Orthopedic patient coordinator
Undergoing orthopedic or spine surgery requires a lot of planning and support. Our orthopedic patient coordinator is dedicated to guiding patients through the entire process.
The role of the patient coordinator is to:
- Get to know patients and their needs
- Foster a strong partnership with nursing and medical staff to deliver optimal care, ensuring safety and quality outcomes
- Provide enhanced communication with caregivers
- Provide education and information on what to expect before, during and after surgery
Our sports medicine services include injury evaluation, education, injury prevention, treatment and rehabilitation. When athletes, athletic programs and sports enthusiasts choose us for sports medicine services, they will have access to:
- A sports medicine team with over 75 years of certified athletic training experience
- Post-rehabilitation and athletic development programs designed to help transition the athlete back to sports and activities
- Sport-specific performance enhancement programs
Our sports medicine program has been serving area high school, collegiate, semi-pro and youth sports since 2008. We are the official medical provider for Bay District Schools and Gulf Coast State College Athletics. We are also the official healthcare provider for the Panama City Beach Hurricanes Rugby Club, the Endless Summer Soccer Tournament, the Panama Jack Summer Slam Beach Volleyball Tournament, the Florida High School Fast-Pitch Softball Challenge and the Top 100 Baseball Classic.
Additionally, we have provided medical coverage for the U.S. Masters Synchronized Swimming Championships and the Panama City Beach Pirates soccer team.
Sports medicine services
Our sports medicine program offers many services to the Bay County community, including:
- Athletic and sports physicals at schools
- Certified athletic trainer services, including on-site practice, game staffing and rehabilitation services
- Certified wrestling weight assessments
- Coaching clinics, CPR training and automated external defibrillator (AED) training
- Concussion management and education
- Medical coverage for athletic and special events
- Performance enhancement programs for teams and individuals
Following an orthopedic surgery or sports-related injury, physical therapy and rehabilitation can help patients regain strength, balance and range of motion. We offer inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services at Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center.
Take a free self-assessment test to learn more about your risk for injury:
You answered yes on questions.