Imaging center in Panama City, Florida
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center's Diagnostic Center provides advanced testing and radiology services to detect health conditions, disorders and cancers. With accurate, timely diagnostic results, we are here to help you and your doctor better understand your health.
To schedule an imaging exam, please call our scheduling team at (888) 894-2116.
Diagnostic testing services
Our diagnostic center provides patients with comprehensive testing services in one convenient location in Panama City, Florida.
Our diagnostic tests include:
- Computed tomography (CT): CT uses computer-processed combinations of several X-ray images, allowing physicians to view inside the body.
- Dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA): Also known as a bone density scan, this test is commonly used to measure bone density and detect osteoporosis.
- Endoscopic ultrasound: This is a minimally invasive procedure that combines endoscopy and ultrasound to image internal organs.
- Fluoroscopy: Fluoroscopy uses X-rays to create real-time video images of moving structures within the human body.
- Laboratory tests: We offer a variety of laboratory services and tests to help your doctor detect, evaluate and manage health conditions.
- Nuclear medicine: Nuclear medicine is a medical specialty involving radioactive materials to diagnose and treat certain diseases.
- Position emission tomography (PET): A PET scan uses a special dye containing radioactive tracers to examine the health of your organs and tissues. They are typically used to detect cancers, heart conditions and brain conditions.
- Ultrasound: An ultrasound scan uses sound waves with frequencies higher than the human ear can hear. It is most commonly used for examining a fetus during pregnancy but can also be used for examining internal organs.
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy: This procedure is performed to examine a lesion or mass. The ultrasound guides the specialist to the area in question so a tissue sample can be taken for further examination.
- X-ray: An X-ray uses a electromagnetic waves to create images of bones and structures inside the body.
Breast imaging services
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is the first facility in Bay County to be recognized as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.
We offer a variety of breast imaging services, including mammography, breast ultrasound and breast MRI, for the detection of breast cancer and other breast abnormalities.