The UAB Cancer Care Network, developed by UAB Medicine and the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center, is a network of hospitals across Alabama, Florida and Georgia that provides access to the latest discoveries in cancer research and delivers an unmatched level of expert cancer treatment.
The UAB Cancer Care Network is dedicated to building and fostering collaborative relationships between leading UAB physicians and scientists and community hospitals. These relationships will help connect UAB’s expertise in cancer research and clinical excellence with our partnering communities.
Benefits of Network to Patients:
- Local physicians and UAB physicians working together as a team to provide the highest quality of care.
- Consultation, screening and information on the latest clinical trials available
- Efficient referral services for high acuity patients who need the specialized services of a Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Enhanced access to care prevention, early detection, education, and screenings.
The UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center and UAB Medicine formed the UAB Cancer Care Network to:
- Enhance the availability and quality of cancer services in our region by collaborating with community cancer centers and hospitals.
- Jointly pursue high quality patient outcomes, improved access to early detection and treatment.
- Increase patient satisfaction while offering services close to home.
The UAB Cancer Care Network provides a structured program to support community-based oncology services to foster collaborative physician relationships, provide continuing medical education and offer local patients the opportunity to enroll in clinical trials managed by leading scientists and physicians, and access to UAB’s best practices in cancer care at a local level.