Pediatric Services in Panama City, FL
The Children's Center
Our Children's Center provides children with unique medical needs proper attention. We offer family-centered care and partner with children and their parents throughout treatment and healing. We encourage the parents of pediatric patients to take an active part in the comprehensive care of their child. The Children's Center features private rooms with toys and games available for all age groups, as well as beds for parents.
Pediatric Emergency Care
We opened the first Pediatric ER in the greater Panama City area. Our trusted facility provides immediate medical treatment to children of all ages 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
In addition, we are the region's only PICU (pediatric intensive care unit). Our multidisciplinary unit provides care for infants, children and adolescents who are critically-ill or injured.
Learn more about our pediatric emergency care.
Pediatric Specialty Units
Our 12-bed Pediatric Specialty Unit is the only one in the area. Younger patients have access to a wide range of pediatric specialists including:
- Pediatric General Surgery
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Pediatric Oncology
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Speech Therapy
- Pediatric Cardiology
Child Life Program
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center offers Child Life services. The Child Life program strives to reduce stresses and anxieties that can be associated with medical experiences. Therefore, we aim to equip children and families with supportive and positive methods of coping. We also offer opportunities for play in order for children to continue to grow and learn during their hospitalization. The Child Life services that are currently offered at GCRMC include:
- Preparation/support for procedures
- Behavior management assistance
- Medical Play/Rehearsal
- Diagnosis teaching/Medical education
- Family support/education/supportive conversation
- Sibling support/coping/education
- Teaching of coping strategies
- Pain/symptom/stress management: Teach relaxation, breathing techniques, isolation activities
- Developmentally supportive play
- Sensory stimulation
- Supportive/therapeutic/recreational groups
- Creative art activities
- Support for admission/transfer/discharge
- Bereavement support/legacy building
- Volunteer coordination
- Schoolwork/homework coordination and assistance
- Provision of recreational materials
Child Life Wishlist
Please use the Drop-Off Form for any donations.