In an effort to enhance the security and safety of our patients and employees at Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center, we will begin limiting public access into the facility after hours. Currently, all entry points to the facility are open until 10:00pm. Effective February 1, 2016 at 7:30pm, exterior doors will be locked and will require badge entry. The front lobby entrance will continue to serve the public until 10:00pm. The ED entrance will remain available to the public 24 hours per day. Should you require a new badge please contact Human Resources at (850) 747-7130.
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center provides many unique programs and services. Patient care services at Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center provide both patients and families with quick, convenient emergency care, and the emotional, psychological, and educational support they need. A hospital can be a place where patients and visitors may be under great stress. Because of this, Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center spends a great deal of time and effort to create an environment that is safe and comfortable for its patients, visitors and guests. There are many policies and procedures in place to ensure safety. Patients and visitors will still need to take some precautions to safeguard their own well being.
- You will come in contact with many different people who will ask you the same type of questions several times. Please be patient, this is done to provide safe and effective care to every patient who walks through our doors.
- Please bring any past medical records you may have.
- If you or your loved one has any special needs, let your nurse know so that special considerations can be provided.
- Ask what to expect while you or your loved one is in the hospital
- If you have any questions for your doctor or nurse, write the questions down as you think of them, that way you will not forget them. When your doctor or nurse comes to see you refer to your list of questions.
- We want you to understand everything that we are doing for you or your loved one. If you did not understand the answer to your question, ask the person to explain the answer to you again until you understand.
- Please do not leave visiting children unattended.
- There are areas in the hospital that visitors cannot go into. Please read all signs in the area that you are in.
- You may hear what is called a “code” over the speakers. If you need to do anything special, your nurse will inform you.