Update to visitation policy
Due to the recent increase of positive COVID cases in the community, effective February 18, 2021 we will be temporarily restricting the number of visitors who can visit our patients at Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center and Panama City ER.
Updated visitation policy:
- Emergency Room – No visitors (Exceptions will be made for pediatric patients)
- ICU – One (1) identified support person at a time bedside during visiting hours. No overnight stay.
- Hospice or palliative care patients – One (1) identified adult support person, 18 years or older, per patient.
- Pediatric patients, PICU and NICU – Two (2) identified parent or guardian per patient. Parent can stay overnight.
- Labor & Delivery/Mother/Baby – Two (2) identified support person, per patient for the duration of the stay. Support person can stay overnight.
- Surgical/Inpatient Services – One (1) identified support person at a time bedside during visiting hours. No overnight stay.
- Surgical/Outpatient Services – One (1) identified support person.
- CATH Lab – One (1) identified support person.
Visitors must be identified by the patient at check in and will not be able to change during the duration of stay.
These changes will help limit COVID exposures to our patients, colleagues and providers. We appreciate your cooperation in support of our infection control efforts.
Circumstances may allow for specific exceptions to any visitation restrictions described on this webpage. Those circumstances include religious visitation as well as a designated support person for a patient with a disability to provide assistance with communication or other necessary components of the patient’s treatment. All persons entering under an exception remain subject to appropriate infection control protocols.