June 25, 2020
As Florida continues to experience a high unemployment rate amid the coronavirus pandemic, the loss of health insurance coverage is also a major concern of those who are unemployed. As a member of the HCA Healthcare family, Gulf Coast Regional offers a free insurance hotline available to assist individuals and families who have lost health insurance coverage find temporary coverage while they are unemployed. The Health Coverage Hotline is available to anyone needing assistance and is live Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 6:00 pm. at (833) 867-8771.
“An important part of our mission is to be there in times of need and to ensure lack of insurance coverage and fears about the COVID-19 virus do not preclude people from receiving the health care they need,” said Brad Griffin, Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center CEO. “Anyone who needs help navigating health coverage while unemployed or furloughed can call our Health Coverage Hotline. Our experts can help guide them through the complicated insurance landscape to find the best option for them and their specific health needs.”
Hotline advisors can discuss eligibility and advocacy services appropriate for a variety of scenarios, such as:
- Continuing an employer’s existing plan for those who have recently lost a job (COBRA and other options)
- Applying for coverage via a spouse’s benefit program
- Resources that may help offset the costs of health insurance
- Medicaid for those that meet certain criteria
- State and federal health insurance exchanges (such as the Affordable Care Act), and how to enroll due to a life changing event like job loss
These services are offered at no cost; Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is not representing any other company or selling insurance plans.