June 28, 2021
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center announced details today on another phase of its multi-faceted investment plan in expanding healthcare services to Bay County and the surrounding area. This $24 million expansion project will add over 13,000 square feet of new space to the main facility and add an additional 6,000 square feet to the hospital’s diagnostic and rehabilitation center. This latest investment brings Gulf Coast Regional’s three-year capital investment to a total of nearly $148 million, while also creating 180 new jobs in the community.
The newly announced project will include the below expansions at Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center:
- Addition of one cardiovascular procedural suite (Catheterization Lab) and one operating suite; expected completion—December 2022
- Expansion of the diagnostic and rehabilitation center, adding 6,000 square feet to the existing location on State Ave., which includes the pre-admission testing center and a separate space for the lab; expected completion date—July 2022.
- Addition of new wound care and hyperbaric building to include nine total exam rooms and four hyperbaric chambers; expected completion date—September 2021.
This announcement comes less than eight months after breaking ground on the $62 million tower expansion project at Gulf Coast Regional to include:
- 20-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit, fifth floor of the north tower; expected completion early 2022
- 24-bed med/surg unit, fourth floor of the north tower; expected completion early 2022
- 16-bed ICU unit, third floor of the south tower; expected completion late 2021
At the completion of these most recently announced projects, Gulf Coast Regional will have grown to a 283-bed acute care hospital, with 12 operating suites and three cardiac cath labs, supported by 1,180 colleagues and more than 600 physicians who serve individuals and families in multiple counties.
“Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center has become the provider of choice for more than 100,000 patients each year and that number continues to grow. As healthcare needs evolve and demand for certain services increases, our strategic priorities and investments mirror the changes we’re seeing in our region,” said Brad Griffin, CEO, Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center. “Our patients are at the center of everything we do. Whether we’re adding capacity, services, or sites of care, each investment is focused on increasing our ability to deliver best-in-class care to our community.“
Since 2018, Gulf Coast Regional has made the following investments totaling more than $148 million. These projects include:
- Renovated and expanded emergency department adding 13 new beds
- Added 22 postpartum beds and renovations to our Pediatric Floor, Antepartum Department and our 2 Central nursing floor
- Added 350 parking spaces to the rear parking lot
- Expanded the EMS canopy outside of the main campus emergency room
- Added a new operating suite to the hospital and renovated the remaining ten suites to bring the total of OR Suites to 11
- Opened the Panama City ER on Hwy 231
- Announced plans for a new Panama City Beach ER; expected to open in late 2022