Is this for me?
The decision to have weight loss surgery is an important one. The Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center Weight Loss Surgery Team wants you to know we are committed to providing you the best information that will help you make an informed decision. As you thoughtfully consider and research whether or not weight loss surgery is best for you, please keep in mind individual results may vary.
We also ask that you don’t underestimate the commitment that’s required to have a successful outcome. Our team will work with you to help you understand the importance of maintaining your commitment before and after your procedure.
Qualifications for Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have a BMI of 35 with medical conditions associated with obesity (i.e. diabetes, hypertension, etc.)
- Or, a BMI of 40 without medical conditions associated with obesity
If you don’t know your Body Mass Index (BMI), try the BMI Calculator to find out.
For more information, please call Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center’s Consult-A-Nurse at (850) 747-3600 to register to attend a FREE, no obligation information seminar to help with your decision.
For more information on starting your weight loss journey…
- Bariatric Surgery Packet
- Bariatric Patient Community Education Book
- Bariatric Patient Financial Agreement
- Bariatric Nutritional Evaluation
- Community Education Book
- Dear Doctor
- Dear Professional
- GCMC Bariatric Surgery Packet
- GCMC Map Exterior
- Patient Financial Agreement
- Patient Information Flow Sheet
- Presurgical Consultation Checklist
- Requesting Documentation
- Support Group
- Surgical Associates Health Questionaire